View Single Post
      03-20-2009, 03:08 PM   #14
Ron@Modbargains
United_States
Rep
Drives: 996TT/ae86

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M PWR 00 View Post
Actually, Remus expecting M3 owners to cut and weld on a muffler, is laughable at best. Please sell your sales pitch to someone who doesnt know any better. I was all for Remus until I learned that I would need to BUTCHER, yes BUTCHER, my OEM exhaust system on my 65,000$ M3. No thanks. I'll stick with a bolt-on.

Remus shouldnt feel too bad though... Eisenmann was in the in same boat. Except now they charge a kidney for "connecting pipes" that cost at the most 150-200$ to make. Ask me how I know... LOL

Most BMW applications are actually clamp-on systems

Thats even worst. You were better off not saying anything at all. Sorry if I came across rude, but I call a spade a spade.... I'm sure I speak for a lot of members. Cutting & welding shouldnt be mandatory on a 1200$ muffler for a 65K car. Still... I like the sound of Remus and for the money spent you cant beat it, as long as you dont mind cutting.

Yup I understand. We voiced it to Remus and exactly as you wanted connecting pipes are coming now for the system so that you won't have any cutting off of the old ones and it will be a complete bolt on for you.

I think once the next shipment of exhausts come in - it's beat much the end of this cutting debate with the remus product as connecting pipes will be available a win-win

I personally love when companies listen to what their customers want
Appreciate 0