Wah
IG@i.am.wah
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2 CS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBPackerfan1963 View Post
Another interesting point is that the hood release has to activated twice like the safety locks on the doors. There is no actually hood release on the hood.

Two pulls of the release handle and the hood opens up. You do have to close it pretty hard. Don't expect to slowly close the hood because it will only catch on the secondary latch and you will not be able to push it down to fully latch.

You will have to go and pull the hood release once and then get back out and close the hood hard. Just an FYI.
While we are on the topic of hoods... I will second your story about closing the hood, and give a warning. I was at the NY auto show playing around with the M4, and somebody lightly closed the hood so one side was still up. I put my hand on the side that was still unlatched and pushed down to get it to close, and instead of closing, the aluminum hood pushed in (like a big dent). Scared the shit out of me, and I pulled my hand away. Luckily the dent quickly popped itself back out... but I thought that I had just dented a show car. I can see this happening a lot, so keep people away from your car and don't let them touch the hood.
Appreciate 0