View Single Post
      11-02-2011, 05:49 PM   #13
ZURICH
Major
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: E91 320d Touring M Sport

Please sort the website, just spent 2 hours doing a full virus scan after the laptop threw a wobbly at work, thank god I was on my personal one and not the company system, the last thing I want is a frozen server.

Just read this report on Yahoo news. Have we spent out money wisely? possibly not!

"Quote" James Andrews, 9:26, Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Government has been accused of killing off the solar energy industry, putting 25,000 jobs at risk, by slashing the benefits available to those signing up.

"Thousands of enterprises will be bankrupt by Christmas," said Daniel Green, chief executive of solar firm HomeSun.

Previously, the Government paid a feed in tariff to people prepared to install solar panels. This meant that homeowners were paid for any power they generated and did not use. But this benefit has been cut in half, as of December 12.

Under the old system, people could earn £1,200 a year from their solar panels, on top of reducing their bills. This meant the outlay of several thousand pounds to install them could more easily be justified and that some companies were even offering to install panels free for a cut of the profits. It would now take up to 25 years to get a return on your investment.

"Greg Barker [energy and climate change minister] has proposed devastating and immediate cuts to the solar PV [photo voltaic] industry which could lead to 25,000 job losses by Christmas; on the same day Nick Clegg has announced an injection of £1 billion of tax payers' money into other projects with the 'potential' to create 35,000 jobs over the next few years," Green added

M Sport Package, (PDC), front / rear, Cruise control
Mystic Blue Metallic, Beige Dakota leather, Alarm,
Automatic transmission, Panoramic glass roof, Heated Seats, Lumbar etc etc
"I don't Fuck around but when I do, I dont fuck around"

Last edited by ZURICH; 11-02-2011 at 06:37 PM.. Reason: Post news report
Appreciate 0