View Single Post
      02-14-2019, 02:27 PM   #81
Vic55
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 2023 BMW M8 Competition Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by vtknight View Post
Again - racers race. People who "keep secrets" and don't race - unless they are grudge racers - cannot chime in. People who want to keep it to themselves and enjoy the performance on their own are welcome that - but being fair - unless they tested it - how would they know it's better or the best? Dyno's are a before and after tool - so that isn't an answer. Track - MPH at the very least - to know what the car is capable of. ET to create a record or standard. I have owned cars I do not want to break with repeated testing to get an ET - and I know enough that the MPH will tell me everything as to what the car could do it I repeatedly beat on it to find out (so I don't need to do it). But not going to the track is not an option - because I only trust what real world data can show me and not what any Tuner or Shop tells me (and I am a part of some of the best Shops in the World - and they would not want it any other way - they prove out their builds on their own).

I have no dog in this race as I am fortunate to have cars I race and my daily won't be touched. But JB4 is a pretty big name - so while I am sure there are always horror stories with every product - it's no more or less than any other. And all platforms continue to evolve - so what may have happened to you before is now addressed.

Either way - at least from the owners contributing to this thread - some of the JB4 results are quite promising. I do hope you, your Shop and your customers share their experiences - as more actual data is very welcome in this thread.
You are a stand up guy from all that Ive read and learned from.

I will say this about Ben aka r33_RGSport - I have not only done business with him but have met him several times. He is about as humble as it gets and really goes out of his way to help myself and many referrals. Im NOT saying this to discount what you said or what Dean (Limey) typed but just to say Ive put a face to the name here and often in this type of medium we just dont get the pleasure of doing so.

Ben hooked me up with the RC because he was first on the scene with the piggy (RC was first and JB wasnt out)... we have a few others here that have met up with him as well along with seasoned members like onfireX5 . I just like the option I had at the time but have no doubt JB4 can deliver more with the right fuel and mapping.
2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Suzuka Gray
2012 Mercedes Benz C63 AMG Black Series Obsidian Black
Appreciate 0