Drives: '04 330i ZHP

Garage List
2004 BMW 330i ZHP  [9.50]
2011 135i  [7.46]
2008 328xi  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ganachain View Post
1) All season or winter tires
You should be fine with A/S since you don't get much snow and if you do it'll most likely only last a few days at a time. Winters wear out much quicker than A/S.
Quote:
2) TPMS or not - if not, what is required to make the 335i not care that TPMS aren't on there
The only way is to have TPMS.
I don't have it on my summers and the warning light is always on. its a little annoying but you get used to it pretty quickly, it dings when you start the car and then displays a little light all the time. if you think it might get to you then just get the TPMS... they are pretty cheap now (like $150-$200 from a vendor).

Quote:
3) 17" or (and I found some) 18" rims that are OEM size. If 17", any problems with alignment or any other issues from moving away from OEM size?
for winters I'd suggest 17's but 18's wouldn't be too bad, you'll just find more of a selection of tires in 17's probably... and 17s will handle better in snow (plus they are cheaper and so are 17 inch tires)

Quote:
After lots of reading and research, Tirerack's suggestion of 205/50-17 rims with Blizzak LM-25's seems like the best bet.

I've got all seasons on my current Infiniti G35 that I've driven in the winter - and they're not great in the snow/ice/cold at all. How well will the Blizzaks (Performance Winter) be on the warmer days during the winter? Will the performance of the car suffer drastically?
not really since Blizzak LM's are performance winters, but like I said, since they are so soft, they'll wear much quicker if there isn't snow on the ground.

I'd still say get some A/S... try Goodyear F1 A/S or Continental Contiprocontacts A/S... they both have great dry ratings and the best wet/snow ratings in that category.

for a 17 inch deal I'd say grab either a cheap set from tirerack or try looking at the wheel classified section for some 17" zsp rims style 161 off a 328i (thats what I have for winter)... you can find those for about $75-$100 a rim.
Appreciate 0