View Single Post
      03-29-2008, 08:51 AM   #8
Yearofthe1
An ex-addict :-(
Rep
Drives: VFR1200F

The few items that are really selling me on the Dinan tune is their ingenious programing that is designed to protect the engine and the turbos.

I had to quote the Dinan stie directly because this really does say it best:

In an effort to more effectively control oil and water temperatures, the Dinan software actually increases water pump speeds as boost pressure increases.

Boost Pressure Control. Increased boost pressure exceeds the turbochargers’ design limitations at higher rpm, potentially shortening their lifespan. Dinan addresses this issue by tapering the boost gradually at higher engine speeds. This approach also addresses the fact that with increased boost at higher rpm the turbocharger temperatures would exceed the intercooler’s ability to cool the intake charge, resulting in a loss of power and compromising the long-term durability of the engine. The tapered boost keeps temperatures within the design limitations so as to optimize output and ensure engine reliability with the added boost pressure.

And as an added bonus:

Top Speed Governor Removed. With Dinan’s software, the 135 will be capable of achieving its natural top speed as the governor has been removed.

Procede cannot even touch these claims.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

We search for certainty and call what we find destiny. Everything is possible, yet only one thing happens.
-Michael and Ellen Kaplan
Appreciate 0