05-28-2018, 12:40 AM   #22
mtoosexy
Captain
Rep
Drives: It like I stole It.

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by cntzl View Post
Dinan, another piggyback, or a flash tune doesn't matter. Every single one of the these tuning routes leaves a footprint on ECU in some way. If you think piggybacks are undetectable or much safer just because they don't require DME unlock, you might be in for a big surprise when things go down south. There are various number of threads under M3/M4 forum and many people tend to agree Dinan is just a rip off for what it is and you get the most out of a flash tune. Btw I must say I'm not a huge fan of tuning my cars at all mainly because I don't want to risk things. However, I'll happily sign up for a proven formula aka a genuine M4 CS tune. Dinan is a well established company providing safe tuning service solutions too but it's just way too overpriced for what it is IMO. Flash tuning has come along way and vendors are now able to flash without increasing the flash counter, flash it back to stock and lock the DME again without triggering a tamper code etc. All these operations can be done within minutes before a dealer visit. However, again, this doesn't mean what you have done to your car is not detectable. Mod at your own risk and don't assume you are safe with a piggyback compared to a flash tune. P.S. Regardless of which option you go with, all I'm gonna say is just do your research and read about these two solutions guys.
Good info!! Thank you.
I will certainly research it. We have some time... September deliveries?