Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 M3

Garage List
16 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fegelein View Post
For those of you in this situation, is it really worth the wait? Do you really think the salt will ruin the wheels, in the time you intend to keep the car? Assuming, that's the motive to get wheel / tire sets. The 275/285 Sotto Zeros performed like a champ in a blizzard yesterday, which I mounted on my 20" rims...
The snow storm yesterday was pretty nasty. The snow tires did good for you on the 20's? any feel of slippage?

I am probably going to go this route too and find 19's over the summer as people are selling them as takes offs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJC View Post
I wanted the 19" winter set for the increased sidewall height. No need to tell you about NY/NJ roads in winter and the dancing around potholes.
I'm also concerned regarding scratching the OEM wheels during install and removal. I plan to own the car for at least four years.

It's beginning to look like there will be no choice but to get the 20" Pirellis. If the 19" set isn't available by early January it's hard to imagine they'll be available in February. The manufacturer will be focusing on summer tires at that point.

Well done BMW.
I agree. Ideally 19's to have beaten up during these hard New England winters and 20's with summer tires for the summer. Been doing it for years lol
Past: 2011 E92 335Xi
Appreciate 0