Hazey82
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 M3 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by AUSf22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazey82 View Post
Just pigging back off this thread save me creating a new one.

Re M2 CS what's the thoughts on where this will be positioned price wise? Would it be over or under the base M4?

Is it likely to mirror the M4 CS in terms of price increase over standard M4? as $170,000 for M4 Competition and $300,000 for M4 GTS so based on euro pricing guess for M4 CS in Oz would be $208,000

Now the M2 base manual here is 100,000 and if it's likely to be anything over $120,000 maybe 130,000 then all bets are off for me unfortunately.

I'm a little doubtful given the hike of the M4 CS over the base M4 but who knows? What's S55, bigger brakes, more aggressive styling, better seats and maybe CF roof worth ? 20K increase?
Dude, I still remember your posts when the M2 was first released, you said the car was an epic fail before driving one; crying about things that don't even matter and yet all the reviews from people that can actually drive at a high level (chris harris, randy pobst, euro journalists) all praised the car for being a phenomenal driving machine. Including TopGear/The grand tour.

If price is a driving indicator for you, I'm keen to know why you are showing interest in the M2 again. Did you perhaps drive one this time round? You were AUs loudest critic against the M2 and you were far from nice about it.
Hi there, what's was wrong with me sharing my opinion on it at the time? Everyone has one. My comments where never about how the car was to drive and certainly didn't say it was a epic fail. I'm sorry if you thought I wasn't nice about it was not my intention to offend anybody??? Was only ever directed at BMW.

Coming from E46 M3 I always knew the M2 was going to be the better drivers car. I like others were just hoping for a few little extra bits and for my first brand new M car I wanted it to be that extra bit special. Nothing wrong with that.

I drove the M2 at BMW track day before it was released. Phenomenal car, has all the bits you really need but I always knew there could be more and hence why I'm showing interest again in the CS

Having said all that I can openly admit that my ownership experience of the F80 was not the best and I made the wrong choice and sold it 2 months later. Too big, only can exploit the car on a track and couldn't justify 3 x price over my e46 which I found more enjoyable.

If the CS is out of my price range I will now happily consider base M2 as there just isn't anything else out there and seeing them on the road and at the dealership the other day I see things in a different light.

It's been an experience, I'm being honest here and if people want to drag me across the coals about it each to there own.
Have a good one
Appreciate 0