dtl1125
Private
Rep
Drives: dark grey metallic 340i xdrive

Quote:
Originally Posted by R12ax7
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtl1125 View Post
I'm considering getting the jb4 for my 340 but I have zero experience modding a car and I'm curious what kind of effects I can expect with this.

from what I understand, I get the power and torque addition without having to do any extra mods. I'm really not looking to go and do anything else to the car in regards to exhaust or intake. will that be ok for me to just plug and play and enjoy the added performance? should I be expecting any residual damage to the engine or other components due to driving the car with the jb4?

any comments would be much appreciated.
I actually think the JB4 is a pretty safe mod for a noob to modding. The instructions are detailed, you have a ton of support from people on the post and the guys at Berger are quite responsive if you run into trouble on the install. That said, goj has a point that we dont know if there are going to be any existing B58 issues that are exacerbated by adding boost.

If you do go for it, stick to the basic/recommended maps - you will DEFINITELY appreciate the bump in power. Just be aware that you may want to take it out every time you get the car serviced (personally, i would take it out). So that extra 15-30 minutes before and after a service can get old for some people. But once you have the procedure down its no big deal.
question on that....won't they know by looking into the computer system of the car that I've been running some sort of mod to the car even if I take it out. wouldn't it leave some sort of trace....I could just be talking out of my ass here but I don't know.
Appreciate 0