Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueString View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7summits View Post
I think you should tell that dealership to go pound sand.

I just did the math for you using 10% off and base MF and no MSDS...

$1388 a month with AZ tax at 8.05% included and $0 due at signing. Your first month payment, AZ plates at $1950, $599 dealer fee and $925 acquisition fee all included. You could get your monthly down another almost $100 a month if you put 7 MSDs down. I am also not including loyalty or lease to lease incentive.

Only thing you will have to pay is a $500 broker fee and possibly shipping.

Don't ever get a car in AZ. I live here as well.
This is why I’m confused. I’m in LA and my 2021 M5 build has a MSRP $119,825. One of the dealers responded with 2.5% off MSRP (which is shitty) and he quoted me a lease of $1400/month which includes 9.5% LA sales tax. $5000 down and 12k/year. While I’m not getting 8-10% off MSRP like most of you here are, the monthly lease payments are very close to your calculation sample above and LA has a higher sales tax too. I understand I’m required a $5k down. I am leaning towards purchasing but this makes me wonder if negotiating off the MSRP really gets you a good deal since the monthly payments are what is realized at the end.

Am I missing something. It’s been over 8 years since I car shopped so educate me on these tactics dealers are using for these quotes.
The lease payment is based off purchase price minus residual. So for low lease payments, you want the cheapest purchase price with the highest residual.

The residuals are pretty much set as a percentage of MSRP, but the purchase price, people have been getting up to 10% off sticker. Don't be afraid to have another dealer in another state ship in the car. $500-$1000 shipping one time to save $1000's per year is always worth it.
Appreciate 0