hans007
Major
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
BMW used to cover brakes when they had 4 year maintenance. when they lowered it to 3 they stopped because it's pretty unlikely you'd need to have your brakes swapped out in 3 years.

I'd guess if you were really hammering your brakes or wiper blades you might have to but even then changing your brakes probably only costs $600 so why prepay
Well when BMW paid, they'd just slap new pads on. I have a feeling now that WE are paying, they'll recommend new rotors, pads, and a brake bleed for a couple thousand bucks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by upsidedownfunnel View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by hans007 View Post
BMW used to cover brakes when they had 4 year maintenance. when they lowered it to 3 they stopped because it's pretty unlikely you'd need to have your brakes swapped out in 3 years.

I'd guess if you were really hammering your brakes or wiper blades you might have to but even then changing your brakes probably only costs $600 so why prepay
Well when BMW paid, they'd just slap new pads on. I have a feeling now that WE are paying, they'll recommend new rotors, pads, and a brake bleed for a couple thousand bucks.
I think standard BMW dealer recommendation is a new car once the brakes are worn actually. it'd be LCI time for the g20
Appreciate 0