05-17-2014, 06:20 AM   #14
ss134
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by trinim3 View Post
Okay I adore Chris and think he's hands down the best but he never really says anything THAT negative about a car. He's not the type to groan and complain about things others complain about. With the GTR he said that everyone's claims of it being soul-less were dumb simply bc it goes so fast that it shouldn't be a complaint. I'm sorry but I've driven a GTR at a F1 circuit and beat all the other cars in the class with ease...but I was still bored the whole time. To me that's soul-less.

In Chris's entire review of the M4 he seems to openly acknowledge the complaints by other reviewers but dismisses the complaints as not really being a big deal to him. The entire article felt like he was defending why the M4 wasn't bad rather than him being absolutely enamored with it.

I desperately want to love the M4. I've been waiting 3 years for it and I feel like I've been doing nothing but setting myself up for disappointment. The first disappointment was the name change (the M3 name is sacred why change?), then the twin turbo i6 and the potentially uninspiring sound, then the questionable looks of the coupe vs. the sedan, then the wheels not being 19" standard in the US and that I have to pay $4k just to get a backup cam, then the really lackluster color palette. All of these sounded symptomatic of a different BMW than the BMW I used to love.

Still I traveled from SF to the Houston Auto Show just to see the M4 in person and thought it looked phenomenal in person. I put down my deposit and check these forums everyday in anticipation. It was encouraging to see UAE247's initial posts and praise but after the honeymoon phase he seems to be changing his tone lately to being more disappointed than happy.

I'm still hopeful that the M4 will really make me happy but it better be better than my RS5 or BMW isn't getting my money. Cheers to hoping that I'm making a big fuss about nothing
I think you are worrying about nothing and reading too much into the negative points. For someone who is not enamoured with the car he has made some pretty bold statements on twitter this week.....
Attached Images

2009 6MT E90 LCI 335i M -Sport - Sold
Appreciate 0