07-08-2010, 04:02 AM   #11
mario486
Mario
Scotland
Rep
Drives: X1 XDrive 2.0d, Mini Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark-Sider View Post
The external antenna is only active when the phone is docked in the snap in adapter. There exist tow types of phones:
a) Older phones like Siemens or Nokia (like 6310) which have an antenna connector. Those phones are connected by "wire" directly thru the snap-in to the external antenna.

b) Newer phones (iPhone, HTC, newer Nokias...) don't have an antenna connector. They only get power, voice and remote-control thru their connection pins. To give those phones also the benefit of the external antenna the corresponding snap-in adapters have an inductive coupling. This is better than nothing but inferior to the SAP-Snap-In or those older phones snap-in adapters.

bye
Darky
Thanks for the info Darky, I was not aware that there are two types of aerial connections. I have left it at the 644 option but have asked my dealer to confirm whether there is an external aerial or not for option 6NN. Might just get one of the older phones and leave it in the car permanently.

New Update : Just for the record I have now had it confirmed that the new Bluetooth option 6NN does not include the external aerial. I have left mine on the old option 644.

Last edited by mario486; 07-08-2010 at 09:16 AM.. Reason: New Update
Appreciate 0