Rep
Drives: F90 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phatcat View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by allmotor_2000 View Post
Not sure what the surprise is. BMW did the same on the F10... there were rumors from Day #1 of a Competition. If a buyer really wanted the ZCP, they should have waited. There are several reasons people want the latest and greatest:

1. The attention from going to a car meet or whatever with everyone ogling the rare F90 m5 only lasts 6 months. 90% of folks can't tell the difference to a regular 5 series.
2. Actual performance of the car and suiting their preference
3. Having the newest model at any given time

People can chose to spend their $$ in any which way they want. No point in blaming BMW... they can control supply and hence the market and buying patterns. I am sure they have some MBA types analyzing all these scenarios!
I agree. There should be no surprise at all.

Does everyone need a reminder of the F90 M5 models on offer for MY18;

• M5 First Edition (limited to 400 cars)

• M5 Launch Edition (limited to first model year)

Buying one of these models you'd be silly to not be expecting something else coming in the very near future.
They are the same aren't they? Thought first edition and launch edition are the same.
This maybe just the case for Australia. But suggests that there is an actual base model coming globally.

Models are the launch and first edition.
Launch edition is what people are currently calling the "base model" only 50 units for MY18 in Australia. And then the launch models are discontinued.

First edition is the matte red car limited to 400 units globally.

Once these units are all sold something is in the pipe line to be the actual base model M5 to be sold along side the M5 Competition.
Appreciate 0