View Single Post
      05-09-2018, 03:02 PM   #138
tcw495
Captain
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
The beef being voiced in this thread is not that BMW should SLOW down technology or roll out new models slower. Its actually the exact opposite: that BMW should release the CP model simultaneous with the base model M5 (paralleling Mercedes' business model which BMW is taking a cue from). That way BMW makes more potential sales, and all buyers get the option to spend more money if they want.

While some in this thread think that early adopters shouldn't be dissatisfied - whether or not they should be, doesn't change the fact that many are. BMW didn't have to have that. They could have had their cake and eaten it too. Roll out simultaneously. Keep early adopters satisfied. And make even more potential sales of the Comp Pack variant (and if they're lucky maybe even siphon sales away from MB from people who bought the e63s).

No one here is saying "Hold off on rolling out the Comp pack for a year or two." They're' saying: why the fuck did you roll out the comp pack like two months after opening orders for the base model, when you could have done it simultaneously.

Its a fair argument and shouldn't be dismissed. Incremental customer migration to other brands, and consumer satisfaction (even on a micro level), is an eminently important concern for companies like BMW. They invest millions and millions to study consumer reaction, and maximize repeat customers.

This is simply an unforced error from BMW.
As someone picking up my F90 in 2 days, I'm perfectly satisfied, but, I do believe you summed up this argument perfectly and I agree with everything you said.

I'm happy with my outcome, but it would have been nice to have the choice.
Appreciate 0