Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW X5 G05

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrussGott View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by sharkymcpeterson View Post
Before going for a new paint job I wanted to try a paint correction, I figured for $200 it's worth it. The car literally looked brand new afterwards. Best money I've spent on the car since I've gotten it.

I'm going to invest in a decent polisher. They are worth their weight in gold.
Just to be nerdy - but for good reason - if you paid $200 it wasn't "paint correction" it was "paint enhancement" ...

This might seem overly pedantic, but it's really not if you're looking for vendors ... the price difference between those 2 services can be enormous and, generally, no new car needs "correction".

Again, not to be nerdy, but it can really important if one is calling around looking for a vendor.
Not sure the actual definition of what was done, I should say the guy that came to my house did a two step polish job. First he cut down the clear coat with a couple passes then came back with a fine swirl remover to finish. He had a couple different polishers of varying size that were used during the process. Probably 4.5 hours of work. He charged 850 for the job if I went for his ceramic coating, which I passed on.

Gotta say I was amazed.

There were no scratches left of any kind that I could find. He brought the plastic trim between the windows back to new condition also. The car would fit in on a showroom floor now. Not sure how long I can keep it in this condition…..The war is on.

He called it a basic paint correction but I honestly don't know. Pretty much he just ran a polisher on it for a couple hours.
Appreciate 1
GrussGott18183.50