David70
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 06 Z4M Coupe - 13 Cadillac ATS

Quote:
Originally Posted by fiveohwblow View Post
To win? Possibly to play the best?

I don’t think the coach and team should have different goals. Success will be at its height when both are aligned and it’s measurable.

I believe a coach may have a different idea about HOW to achieve this result, but everyone should have the same end game in mind.

"Coach and team have a different goal than your individual goals." - the two of them may have different goals than your personal goals.

While everyone says the main goal is for the team to win, I think reality is almost no one would pull themselves from the game to make this happen. If you offered Bottas a way to win every race next year but MB would come in 2nd in the constructors points he would immediately take it but Toto would not.

In the RB example above the team wanted to win the constructors championship, next was to win the drivers championship and the best way to accomplish this goal was to take Webbers wing and put it on Vettel's car. Based on the teams goals Webber should have been happy to contribute but he was very irritated.