05-08-2018, 09:51 PM   #51
northtorque
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: F90 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamPfaffBMW View Post
What type of robotics competition was it? Every time I hear this, I think of battle bots from Comedy Central years back. What a rush...

I wouldn't be too concerned with first year production, BMW is pretty solid when it comes to testing these cars. Especially with all the R&D (and mistakes) that went into the new 7's and trickled down into the 5 series. Powertrain will be solid given all the experience with the X5M and X6Ms.

Looks like that M5 is sold, will update you if something changes. It was a HEA with Full Leather. We do have another car coming in Donington on Black Extended. Premium, Advanced Driver Assist, 20" Black Double Spoke, Individual Piano Blk Trim, Ambient Air and Ski/Snowboard Bag. Better way to option the car IMO. It's currently being painted at the factory
it was the F.I.R.S.T. Robotics Competition (Provincials) - FIRST is a STEM (science tech engineering math) initiative founded by the engineer who developed the Segway and the insulin pump. Gets high school kids developing world class robotic systems, fosters creativity and team building... great program, check it out on-line. They were team 772 and ended up making it to worlds in Detroit two weeks ago.

Let me know if that M5 needs a home! - though in all likelihood I'll reach out in early 2019; my wife and myself might be looking at euro delivery in any event. Its been 15 years since i sold my E39 M5.... its been a long dry spell
Appreciate 0