View Single Post
      09-13-2017, 01:40 PM   #1
Philb65
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: LBB M2

Howdy from the Wild West!

Thought I'd register on the site and say hello from wet Devon. Had a test drive of a manual M2 yesterday and it was a great experience, way better to drive than I expected and it's made my mind up its going to be my next car. I did have an order in for a Focus RS but cancelled due to engine issues and the fact Ford seem to be sticking their fingers in their ears over it, otherwise a performance bargain.

Probably going to go for an LCI car, although the test drive was in a pre LCI which Id be happy with. Definitely a manual, I'm a dinosaur and don't like autos! Colour not sure at the moment but not white, I like to give my cars some tlc and a nice shine. Manual seats, only me driving it so can't see the point of the electric ones. Otherwise not sure what other options are worth getting, seems pretty well specced from base.

Planning to buy in Nov/Dec when sales are quiet, hopefully I'll be able to pick up a deal. The dealer was keen for me to sign up there and then no surprise and when I mentioned discounts he said it would be 2% max, I'm sure I can do better! He had 4 cars I could have had in a week and a build slot for Nov for delivery Dec so doesn't seem to be much of a wait for one.

Any advice on options to go for or deals/discounts then I would be very grateful for the help.

Anyone else down here in the sticks?

Cheers, Phil
Appreciate 1