AHall
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Quote:
Originally Posted by 335iRlz View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by irablumberg View Post
Based on recent 'ring reports, I am a bit disappointed with the Plaid. Specifically, the Plaid and the CS appear to have about the same 'ring time.

Why does this disappoint me? Because the Plaid is so much faster than the CS in a straight line (9.4 sec 1/4 versus 10.8 sec 1/4) it must not brake or corner as well as the CS if it has the same 'ring time despite the huge HP / acceleration advantage.

To be fair, the Plaid was running on its stock PS4 tires and the CS was running on track tires (PZero Corsa, I think). But still, the Plaid should have been faster. My sedan benchmarks are still the AMG GT 63S and the Porsche Panamerica Turbo S (and whatever other letters they add to the name these days). These are both 7 or 8 seconds faster on the 'ring than either the CS or the Plaid despite being slower in the 1/4.

I would have bought the AMG but I could not justify spending an extra $70k+ for a similarly equipped car that I don't plan to track. Nonetheless, I give huge props to AMG for building a 4 passenger sedan that weighs 4,600+ lbs and still does the 'ring faster than a 911 S.
Eh I mean you can hear the same "disappointment" from Miata or Fiat or Alfa guys lol "why isn't a 100k+ super sedan as good around the ring as my tiny box"....

Plaid isn't a track car its a sedan that has battery power that can lay it down lol Its strange one would ask it to compete in that space when I don't think its ever been intended or marketed for that (and really not even the 1/4 mile times it puts up).
Not really strange as the M5 is continually compared to cars in different categories. I am waiting for the M5 vs F-35 fighter jet comparison. :
Appreciate 1
Sedan_Clan25169.50