12-07-2021, 05:06 PM   #1444
dreamingat30fps
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Miata, Cayenne, Model 3, F350

Quote:
Originally Posted by DETRoadster View Post
Nice work there. Love the use of pocket screws. But I'm calling bullshit on you...There's NO WAY that's $60 worth of lumber. More like $3,500.

Great DIY job, man!
Thanks! Learned pocket screws from YouTube! I thought the wood would be expensive, but it’s only super pricey for the fancy stuff I’m guessing you’re actually suppose to make furniture from. I used the cheapest 2x4s and 2x6s for the top. I believe it was like $4ish for each of the 9 2x4x8 and maybe $7ish for each of the 3 2x6x8. I’m probably over $60 if you add in the screws and stain and I had to buy the pocket screw gizmo.

All that being said I fucked up! Got TV in today and the feet are like a fucking INCH too deep and hang off the top! I also didn’t take into account the wheels added height so the TV is fairly high up now, not horrible but could be a few inches lower. Lastly I didn’t even think about my center channel speaker. In FL I have the TV mounted on the wall so the speaker just sat on the console and was below the tv. In this case 1 there was no room for it and 2 even if there was would block a good chunk of screen.

So I have begun work on version 2.0. I will use this one for the “concession” stand area and I’m making a deeper, shorter version and will have to come up with some kind of shelf or something in the front for the center channel.
Appreciate 2
Buug95917399.00
vreihen1615259.00