View Single Post
      01-24-2020, 09:12 AM   #18
prodigymb
Captain
Rep
Drives: V10+ R8, 997TT, Plaid, G550

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_m5 View Post
I know you don't care but I'm losing my patience waiting on BM3. I've had JB4 in my cart for months and I'm almost ready to pull the trigger.
i hear that and cant blame you. i just got the car so for me it worked out. the release is actually close now. everything works, ECU Uunlock, flashing, logging, ECU ID process so I think now its a matter of ironing out the beta maps.... then it will transition to open beta meaning that the files will be available OTS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bmwusabmw View Post
can you post the above log but with timing and AFR included?

Thanks
i will when the OTS tuning is complete. i don't want guys picking apart someones tuning work when it hasn't been finished. just a courtesy. i review the logs my self too and they look good, i posted that one just so guys can see the boost level I am at running these times. i have over 55 60-130 runs so far on the Dragy from this car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeytyme View Post
Prodigy, definitely some solid numbers and a good start. That DA didn't hurt at all did it? lol Holy shit, I would kill to have that for a day.

Too bad they couldn't get my 2020 to flash up properly. I have my licence and the agent sitting here on my desk though Waiting for the go.
yeah DA is great here now but most of the time its still really humid so it slows the car down. last night i was out testing and it was -1600DA, 30 Degrees and 75% humidity lol. the extreme low temps bring major traction issues. Forget about using factory Pirellis, PS4S worked ok but needed burounts and were inconsistent, now i switched to Michelin Pilot AS3+ which are an all season tire and work good but car still spins a ton. Because of spin it will short shift 1-2 shift and 2-3 shift.

on a side note how much boost are fast JB4 cars running that go 10.0-10.1 .... you guys have been doing it for a while so im curious whats everyone's comfort boost levels are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bm5bullit View Post
I do believe your results are what most of us expected. When is the release date, I’ve been waiting almost a year and I ran out of popcorn.
personally, i am very happy so far. the car is flying with minimal mods. i'm not sure when the release date will be BUT i have heard that pricing will be favorable and most likely stay at F10 M5 prices which is awesome !

on another note, i slightly improved my 60-130 testing the 2nd revision of the OTS E30 file last night...from a 6.49 with -1.07% to 6.43% flat slope.

F85MTuNED1620.50
Jamesmick131.00