View Single Post
      09-28-2020, 03:51 PM   #13
Alan l.
Major General
Rep
Drives: 2020 F95 X5M Competition

Going from a F85 X5M to F80 M3 6spd I was looking to get back into a bigger car. I also gave up a lot of luxury going to the M3 which I wanted back. Looking into the M5 and it just wasn’t that much more space. Bigger yes but not enough to change our day to day needs.

Originally decided a X5 M50i was enough and had it on order (94K build) since March.....then Covid delays happened. During the wait I started to put together a mod list of everything I wanted to change on the M50i to make it my own and look more special than your average X5. Quickly realized that I was easily going to spend another 10-15K on parts which made me think no matter what I do to this car I will always want the full M more. Looks special inside and out, faster, handles better, feels more direct like all M cars, exclusiveness.

Once I saw pics of a Marina bay blue X5MC I was sold. The color was what did it for me. I first saw this color on a M5 and i couldn’t stop looking at it. Maybe I’m biased but i think it works even better in the big body X5M. I have never gotten so many compliment on the color of the car alone. I get comments on the road in traffic, gas stations, parked on the street all from random people that don't even strike me as being "car guys" Then there was the muscular lines of the front/rear. It’s the first car ive ever owned that has stayed stock for this long which is a testament of how well BMW nailed the F95’s design.

Alan

Last edited by Alan l.; 09-28-2020 at 08:04 PM..
Appreciate 3
rossco517.50
scotchy210.00
LSM1118.00