10-28-2020, 07:40 AM   #17
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by spazzyfry123 View Post
Did you do Husky across the board? How do you like them? As much as I would love to throw down for some Wera or SK, I'm just working on my stuff in the garage...not trying to make a career out of this. You pick out a mechanics kit or something?

I've broken a few, lost some...just tired of the mismatched kit. Looking for some good wrench sets and probably a 1/4" and 3/8" ratchet to start out. Ready to get things organized just like you've got! Going to get a box, too. Have an old Snap On, but it's pretty small and I'll use it for the specialty tools.
i did not go Husky across the board. i do have some old craftman wrenches and sockets but i'm missing quite a few of each. so when i picked these up like i mentioned i'm not a full time mechanic and these tools have done the job! and i don't mean little jobs i mean full on 9" lift suspensions on my truck and my BMW! it got the job done. i can see if you were a full time mechanic than i would maybe invest in some quality tools but from watching a lot of Mechanic Youtuber's reviewing tools seems like a lot of them have accepted using a wide variety of tools not called "SNAP ON" some of them even praise a couple of Harbor Freight tools.

these i picked up at the Home Depot tool center and they are kits. actually picked up a lot of tools while i was at it lol

but like you mentioned getting these organized helps big time so i did get some components to help with that

not to hijack this thread lol but i renovated the whole garage including a full garage cabinet system to organize all my tools and what not as well as RaceDeck flooring

anyways good luck with whatever you decide to do!
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 3
nyalpine907433.00
Nivarox1093.00