View Single Post
      03-21-2019, 10:43 PM   #30
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by itzazkrit View Post
I bought a few Z06 w/Z07 packages a few years ago. coupe and convertible. IMO, the most dangerous car on the road. Thing is small and dangerous. Needs twice the tire it has on it. Had a 19 CTS-V with same motor and is a much better car.
I'm not sure how to approach this comment. The Corvette is an IRS car - which normally suck compared to solid rear axle when it comes to drags. But it is far from the most dangerous car on the road. They are pretty amazingly stable for a RWD platform actually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spoolin Montego View Post
embarassing for the z06. those mods, it has to have a least 150hp advantage, also has probably 800lb advantage as well. drag racing street cars in the future really will just be awd cars with autos IMO. 2wd cars cant hang
This is a silly comment as the quickest AWD car in the world is touching 6.5's in the 1/4. RWD cars are and will always be much quicker than AWD cars at the limit. For stock or minor mods cars - yes - AWD will be an advantage (on the street). But add a tire to C7Z and a healthy burn out and the advantage goes back to the RWD car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Carrots View Post
Even with the crappy A8 the z06 has posted some mid/low 10's numbers stock, I assume that's a manual vs auto race?

The F90 is no joke, my car is pushing 750 to the wheels and even then I don't know if I'd want to line up with a stock one even on a perfect day
I believe the quickest legit stock C7Z is in the 10.4's range with unicorn DA and star dust track prep with a tire. So that isn't too shabby. The F90 is a super stout platform - and for even a stock car - it is putting in some solid numbers. I have trapped 129.5 MPH. With a reasonable 60' - that is a solid mid 10 second car all day.
Appreciate 3
jalkster220.00
clee1982797.50