View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 09:33 PM   #43
SSM5
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2023 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexProf View Post
I just drove an M5C for about 20 minutes as part of the M Tour. I owned an E90 M3 for about 9 years as a daily driver, and am now in a 2018 M550i (have been driving it for about 18 months). I drove the M5C in Comfort all the way to Sport Plus dampening settings and thought it was fine. It is nowhere near as compliant as the M550i of course, but the ride in the M5C on comfort was totally doable for me as a daily. That having been said, the car did have some constant squeaks and rattles over minor bumps and seams. That was a bit of a bummer, and undoubtedly a consequence of the firmer ride. But that's the only thing that concerned me, not the ride comfort. Now, granted, I can't speak to ride fatigue on bumpy roads, as I was only on side streets for about 12 minutes of the drive.
I drove that M5C at the M town tour at 2 different dealers. On both occasions the car had 43 lbs in the tires and of course it was rattling inside. I observed one driver while I was in the M2C just fly over bumps on his drive. People really push those cars hard. The best way to compare the Base M5 and the M5 Comp IMO is to go to a dealer that has both and test them on the same route over streets and the highway back to back and make sure the tire pressure is correct,

2023 M5 Comp Skyscraper Grey,Executive Pack, Drivers Assistance, B&W, 789's.
Appreciate 0