View Single Post
      09-10-2019, 08:26 AM   #37
norbtx
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2019 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMGU812 View Post
I’ve got a C63s (coupe), which I’m going to keep for the weekends. It rides...stiffly. (I love it though - I’ll never get rid of it). I wanted to get a daily driver that I could push when I wanted, but would be comfortable on a ride around town (I live in Houston - to say that our roads are terrible is an insult to terrible roads everywhere).

I tested an m550i, an M5 and and M5 comp. True Goldilocks situation for me. For me, the m550i was too soft and the M5 comp was too harsh. I wanted to like the Comp - but it rode very similarly to my AMG. If I hadn’t driven my AMG for the last 2 years, I’d probably have ordered the Comp, but given what I’m going for - the “regular” M5 was perfect for me. I’m really glad they have the option!
lol at that comment. I guess it really does depend on which city you live in. I couldn't agree more, the comp would be too harsh on Houston streets. I live inside the loop where Metro buses really tear up the right lanes. I've had my share of stiff riding cars, glad the M5 is pretty soft on comfort mode.