ResIpsaLoquitur
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2022 M5C

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5Kitt23 View Post
This may have been explained before, not trying to rebirth the topic, but I couldn't find it through the search.

On these forums I see many enthusiasts opt for the Ceramic over the stock M for various reasons of looks, performance and less brake dust. Am I missing any other pros?

For a Super car, I would imagine the stock M are high performance brakes which would suffice. Brake dust is not my concern as I clean my cars frequently and I might track this car a handful of times at best.

I am thinking long term ownership.... M vs Ceramic mait
Has anyone had to replace a full set of each yet?
How long do they typically last before having to get replaced and what's the cost?

Currently torn on if I should just step up to the Ceramic given the caliber of car I am about to order....I am leaning that way.
Just justifying upfront cost and if this will bite me down the road over ownership of replacement.
Agree with everyone above. CCBs are probably worth specing. With that being said, neither of my M5s have had them, but they were leases and I don't keep cars long. There is universal agreement at least about the almost complete lack of brake dust. If you're detailing often as you've said, then that's not an issue.

I almost went with them for the lack of squeal with compound brakes alone. Greer is 100% right about the squeal. Many on this forum have recently commented about how their cars squeal much less because there is supposedly a new brake compound from BMW that reduces squeal. I have no idea whether this is actually true, and I can't remember or locate the "source" (if it was a source) of this information. But my pre-LCI brakes were BAD with the squeal.

Also, even some CCBs owners have mentioned they have squealing at least some times.

Just my anecdotal experience, my LCI is ~95% better than my pre-LCI. It takes a lot of very specific types of braking to get them to squeal now. I have now had the LCI long enough to experience, hot, cold, wet, and dry. Again, I don't now if it's actually a new pad/compound, and if it is, what build dates were affected by the purported change; but mine are significantly better.

Also another anecdotal experience, micvite has had some serious builds, I'm talking everything in the book and stuff we didn't know about type of builds, and even he omitted CCBs on his last one.