04-21-2021, 01:59 PM   #195
m5 guy
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M5 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashmostro View Post
Whoa, that's gorgeous. Is the CF trim an overlay, or full replacement? I assume aftermarket too, yes?
Thanks! What you see in that pic are oem ceramic controls retrofitted, oem mperformance shifter trim, and autotecnik's cf overlay trim. I wanted to use it as a proof of concept to determine if going fully custom is worth it. I am pleasantly surprised at how good it fits. Not 100% fitment, but good enough that people who do not know it's an overlay would ever think so.

The issue with trim incase you don't know is that the door trims are plastic welded to the doors. As such most aftermarket or consumers want to deal with breaking the welds, switching pieces, and getting them jb welded back on. However with this proof of concept being so successful I think I might pursue it. As a last mod type of thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BayDriverSF View Post
I never thought I'd like green, but this one I do.

How does an M5 hold up in Hawaii? I thought the high humidity and heat and salt air would do a number on the car and make it hard to maintain? Compared to California for example.
Yeah salt air is a thing. Car is fully expelled and gets washed weekly so not worried. If cars are regularly washed and protected they last a long time here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimmyBHGM5 View Post
If you don't remove the pan during oil change, that's the amount of oil left in the engine to be mixed with new oil?

Do not know the answer to that one, sorry.
2001 E46 M3 Oxford Green Metallic II-Cinnamon SOLD
Appreciate 1
ashmostro1254.00