View Single Post
      03-31-2022, 03:03 AM   #63
micvite
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 mazda RX8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jnotrom711 View Post
I'm totally confused now by your commentary... Sorry.... But I appreciate you breaking it down to my inferior, non-racecar engineer mind.

You said your AMG didn't squeal, because you beat on it, and if I beat on mine, like you do yours, I wouldn't have squeal. Then they didn't squeal on your AMG? But then you said all your performance cars do squeal including AMG, but then earlier said they don't squeal, and don't because you solved the squeal mystery?

So are you saying I spent too much on my f90? Because based on your "friend" (love how we always have a "friend" to reference) spending way more than I did on my f90, he has squeal? So does this mean the more I spend the worse the squeal is? Because on my piddly little Lexus ISF's, which had 6 piston Brembos, very similar to M5 brakes (and just as good stopping power), those didn't squeak, and that car was only like 50-60K I cant remember. So maybe the less we spend the quieter the brakes? I know lots of $20K Honda Civics with silent brakes.

All Im saying is of all the performance cars i've had, the ONLY ones to squeak (even while living in different states with totally different climates) was my f10, and f90. NONE of the others did. At all. IS-F, 911 TS, AMG GT, none sneaked. So for me and many others, it's a BMW issue, not a driver issue. It's a flawed design period. No slamming on the brakes will ever be a viable fix in my opinion. It's a BMW cop out to get us all to shut up. It's nonsense.

I shouldn't have to beat on my car and slam on the brakes to get it to stop. Yes i've admitted doing some spirited mashing of the brakes does help it (temporarily), but as soon as I go back to my version of normal driving (obvi not yours), the squeak is right back.

Radar goes off, at stop light, pedal to the floor? Every time? Somehow I find that hard to believe, but whatever its your narrative. You're on the freeway, and radar goes off, you just do a full pedal to the floor smash? Have you been rear ended a lot? Seems dangerous, but thats just me. I have to believe if BMW had this planned as the fix to squeaky brakes and all of us were out driving around smashing our brakes constantly, there would be some class action lawsuits against BMW, because thats an incredibly stupid way to drive on public roads. But to each their own I suppose.

Chiropractor comment? Clearly sarcasm. Because myself, and everyone else on here knows you don't actually drive that way.... But I digress.

Apologies for taking the comment out of context. For reference here is your quote

"it's literally the same with the carbon ceramics, they squeel all day until they're warmed up, is that a problem for your 130k car? No, that's how they're DESIGNED"

What did I take out of context? I said its a problem for my $130k car, and many others on this forum with the same issue. Mine does not have carbon ceramics. I know carbon ceramics squeak especially until they get hot. I wrote that previously. I also wrote in my experience with CCBs on a Ferrari F430, the squeak was nothing like it is on my F90, or F10. And I maintain, it's a problem. Its a problem for a $20k car, its a problem for a $130k car, even more so on a $130k car as we are paying a premium for a premium product, from a premium brand, known for top notch engineering, performance, and luxury.

You were referencing a comment on a previous reply where I said its embarrassing and unacceptable for a $130K car to have squeaky brakes.

Again, you've totally lost me. Just trying to keep up.

With all that said, as others have said, the f90 is an amazing car. The brakes are the ONLY thing I hate about the car. Not the performance of the brakes, the squeaking, followed closely by the brake dust, which actually is a characteristic of most brands, performance brakes especially. Squeaking? Not so much, its an issue, and they should offer a FREE fix for it. Period.
Ok I'm done arguing and trying to explain shit to a 5 year old, if you're so smart why don't you tell me what the issue with bmw brakes are? Or better yet why not fix the problem and call it a day? Is it the caliper that's the issue? It's a standard brembo that I'm sure amg and porche use in some of their cars as well, is it the pads or the rotors? Go to the manufacturer that makes amg brakes and see if they make the right size for the m5, I'm sure they do. The issue is the vibrations caused when applying the brakes with moderate to low pressure under normal driving conditions, it's because you don't apply enough force to make the pad stay on the rotor.

Now if you'd like go Google mercedes e63s brake pad squeel see all the threads that show up and keep on telling me amgs don't squeek, I f*cking dare you! Just because YOURS didn't, same like how some people's m cars don't doesn't mean none of them do. It's just part of the DESIGN of fixed floating calipers

I mean for f*cks sake porche even made a video explaining that squeels are inevitable and it just happens, so get off your high horse. For the 50th time don't buy a performance car if you don't want squeeky brakes that's that.

Maybe a porchd video will get through that skull of yours if my explanations won't
Appreciate 2
Holset275.50
wesleyan921417.00