11-14-2021, 06:48 AM   #246
BGM-M3COMP
The Ben Shapiro of this place. I never lose! LOL
Rep
Drives: 12 plaids on order

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cos270 View Post
I've held my tongue until now, but I'm going to comment as I have first-hand experience with the LT6 engine powering the new Z06. I was a manufacturing engineer for the cylinder head (still work at GM, but on a different program). The complexity of this engine really cannot be overstated, especially when you realize it is being made by a huge company in relatively large numbers. Just on the cylinder head, the porting of the intake and exhaust throats, inlets and FULLY MACHINED combustion chamber is a marvel at this price point. The mechanical valve train is truly a work of art as well. I have never been a big GM guy (only worked at the company a few years) and certainly never a big Corvette fan, but what they've done for the Z06 is truly remarkable.
Didn't see this post.

But that's awesome!

I think i watched about 10 different videos talking about the LT6 alone. People really don't understand about these things. They just coaching and criticizing the results without understanding any of it.

The LT4 was an after thought. Something botched together last second for the C7Z, i assume right after the "GM bankruptcy". At least that's what "forum insiders" are suggesting. Which makes sense.

The LT6 is an engineering masterpiece, that was known to go into a mid engine z06 no matter what.

GM gave us our porsche GT3 car, our ferrari 458, our mclaren if you will, AWD like traction, all in one amazing package, ALL FOR GM PRICING!

People can hate and talk shit all they want, they're the ones who will be drooling and jealous they don't have one. Which makes me wonder, maybe that's why they're hating? Because they found out they can't get on any dealer lists to get one, so they now have to wire their brain or brainwash themselves to hate the car LOL.
Appreciate 5
Cos270608.50
DrFerry6728.50
JTO245276.00
WolfGTI716.00
b4hand661.00