Drives: 2015 BMW i8, E63 M6, 328d

Garage List
2016 M4 GTS (Allotted)  [0.00]
2013 BMW 328d  [0.00]
2007 BMW M6  [10.00]
2015 BMW i8  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoK View Post
I don't know if it's a matter of poor legal counselling.
One of Lewis' sponsors is IWC, a brand in a competing watch conglommerate.
Maybe they saw an oppertunity to bully one of their competitors by using this as a legal tool.
But point is, Lewis should know that this is happening (and he does), and should know that it's a sign of poor character if you let yourself in with such things, whether he wins or loses.
I think it's more a question of upbringing/education than legal counselling.
Legal counselling may predict the outcome, but maybe not the morality of the matter.

It's a bit like Max Verstappen would be sueing the Pepsi Co. if they want to further expand their Pepsi Max products in Europe..... because his name is also Max...(imagine if that would happen...)
It absolutely is poor legal counseling. Anyone on the planet can spend 10 minutes on a search and see that the original Hamilton watch brand is untouchable in this. I work with patents and trade marks all the time. HAM is a racing driver and depends on his business staff to manage these processes. The attorneys on that team and anyone who agreed with this debacle should be rung up and moved on to their next opportunity to screw the pooch.

Complete idiots.
Sir 7ewis, 7X FIA Formula One World Championship, World Driving Champion. 100 Wins. 101 Pole Positions. 54 Fastest Laps. Actual Rain Master. Leave me to it, Bono. One Race Win in each of his 15 years in F1. Most Laps Led in Formula One. The Centurion.
Appreciate 1
racerbruce3853.50