02-05-2019, 07:13 PM   #85
r33_RGSport
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: G09 XM, G05 X5 40, 991.2 T

Quote:
Originally Posted by windtendo View Post
Installed the paddles on Friday and I couldn't be happier! They match the gloss black trim that accompanies the aluminum carbon structure dark interior. Looks more like OEM+ now which is what I'm going for. Even for having large hands I felt like the paddles were not a comfortable size and distance from my finger tips, and these feel just right.

As for the installation, I had the hardest time finding the airbag spring on each side... Like VERY hard. It took 1.5-2 hours before almost giving up. I tried using a T25, T27, and hex key with no luck. Then I switched to the flat head provided in the trunk toolkit. Pulled it out of the handle so I had a long skinny piece to work with. Within 5-10 minutes with the flat head I found the spring on the left side. Same results on the right side. Do yourself a favor and use the flat head for God's sake.

Looks good.

My apology for not able to get back to you as fast.

Just be careful when using flat head, since the hole is covered up by leather, it may get damaged with sharp edge of the flat screwdriver.

I personally used 10mm, 4" long screw that I found in my stash of home audio system. I believe it was Bose speaker wall mount screw.
Active Autowerke • KW • H&R • Ohlins • Remus • and more...
Appreciate 1
soooma1377.50