RAUDERRIPPER
Captain
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by fm379 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAUDERRIPPER View Post
Was your first edition PPF'd? Which one did you go with if so?

Trying to figure out which brand to go with as me and a couple other guys who ordered frozen colors are afraid that certain brands "dull" out the "sheen" of a frozen paint, if that makes any sense…
So my first edition had a full body PPF with Xpel Stealth on all the frozen dark red parts, and Xpel Ultimate on the carbon fiber roof. I was also talked into getting ceramic pro on top of the wrap (to prolong the longevity of the wrap?) The ceramic pro did help with car washes, as the water still beads right off. The difference in appearance in terms of the “dulling” of the frozen paint is negligible compared to the rest of the car especially with a full body wrap. My door handles aren’t wrapped and you can barely tell a difference compared with the rest of the doors/car.
Thanks for that. Had XPEL Ultimate on my gloss f95… was thinking either STEK or XPEL.

Any chance you/your detailer could take a photo of a panel next to a PPF panel while the car is in the process of getting wrapped? I'm getting a frozen deep green and am just a nerd. If not, obv, all good.