Rep
Drives: '16 M3, '23 718 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_ADDICT View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlammedR8 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_ADDICT View Post
So? I buy car a based on how it drives and not how many patients the company has. All mercedes models have the same exterior design, same interior design, same engine, same transmission. The only difference between them is sizing.

mercedes are heavy compared to BMW and audi and their transmissions are crap too. For example The new B9 RS5 weighs 1650 Kilos With AWD, Thats 200kg less than the C63s with RWD.

The Only good car mercedes is doing right now is the AMG GT because it was fully developed by AMG and its light and has a DCT thats the only thing that interests me from that brand.
Sorry to bust your bubble, but BMW isn't doing the same thing? My mother in law just picked up a 2017 540xi. I had the pleasure of driving a 2016 750xi last year for over a week and my god, it is IDENTICAL on the inside (my mother in law's 540 has the Nappa Leather upgrad seats and they are literally identical to the standard seats in the G11 7 series) AND outside... I'm a car nut and even I can't tell a G30 5 series from a G11 7 series half the time. They are literally identical, headlights and tails are so similar that its borderline questionable if they are even different in size. AND I am willing to bet that the new G20 3 series will be a smaller version of the two of the above vehicles.

So while I agree that the C class, E class and S class all look very similar to each other except they differ in size. BMW & Audi for that matter is doing the same dang thing and have been for years.
Mercedes is copy and paste. BMW and audi can be differentiated and have minimal similarities
BMW is literally copy paste through the entire lineup with the drivetrains and chassis, and now exterior design with the upcoming 3 series being a smaller version of the 5, which is smaller version of the 7. They're all the same shit with the exact same design cues. Hell, look at this "M5's" front end teaser shot, its straight off a M3/4 front bumper.

The whole formula is repeated in the entire model range they offer; same sausage different size. Period. They are absolutely no different from MB or Audi in this regard.

Past: E92 M3, F87 M2, E39 M5, etc
Appreciate 1
JTO245276.00