View Single Post
      01-24-2020, 08:37 PM   #7
Shadow2
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '16 MG F80 M3

Ha I was thinking of starting the exact same thread! I was on full e85 stock turbos, now Pure s2+ and currently on an OTS 93 tune, but have run a PJTunes e50 tune until about a month ago. I've been using Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w-40, Ferrari logo, since the turbo swap, 5k OCI. Seems to be working because the car has been absolutely solid as a rock, haven't even had to add any oil between changes. No ticking sounds from lifters, this thing runs smooth as silk. I'd like to continue with the Pennzoil but it seems to be getting scarcer and scarcer, used to be able to source it from Amazon, but they're out currently. Advance Auto also used to carry it, you need to ask them for it however, its usually not on the shelf. My recommendation is to make sure you use an LL-01 oil, not LL-01FE or LL-04. Problem is this has become an outdated standard, BMW doesn't use it anymore. Valvoline, Liqui-Moly, Pentosin, Motul and the Pennzoil I've been using are the only ones readily available, also BMW branded which I think at one point was Castrol, not sure what it is now. I'm thinking of trying Motul 8100 x-cess 5w-40 this next oil change, just because the Pennzoil Euro has become so hard to get.
Appreciate 0