View Single Post
      03-19-2018, 04:42 PM   #1
TallGuyX5
2015 X5 M Sport MPPK & Coding
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 sDrive 35i M Sport

New Conti DWS 06 Staggered - Questions?

Hi, I have read all the reviews on tires and got the Conti DWS 06s. I had the Dunlop run-flats and really hated them. Only had the new tires for a week, but initial impressions are they are much lighter (steering feels lighter to me), love the look and tread pattern, noise level is definitely less and ride is smooth. I do have three questions:

1) mentioned to my service writer that I was getting new tires and asked if I should get an alignment. He said NO, but I thought it's always best to at least check your alignment when you get 4 new tires. I definitely don't want uneven wear to start. What does the forum think, alignment necessary or not?

2) About the Conti road noise, like I said definitely less than the Dunlops but not completely gone. With 20" tires this wide should I just expect some level road noise? I can definitely turn up the music, so not trying to be picky here, but I just didn't know exactly what to expect. Never owned a SUV with tires this big and wide before.

3) Lastly, what are most people doing to a spare tire? I really don't want to spend $300+ on a spare tire kit, so thinking about the CONTICOMFORTKIT for $73 from Tire Rack. I also have roadside assistance coverage, so let's hope that covers me.

Will post pics of 2015 X5 M Sport soon. Getting the MPPK and glossy black grill installed on Friday, so excited!!

This forum is great!!
Appreciate 0