View Single Post
      03-11-2018, 02:47 PM   #62
romemmy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW M4 (F82)

Carbahn rebuilt my S65 engine bottom end for me, and inspected/rebuilt the heads for me too (I did the final assembly mating the heads to the block, but they did all the work on the bottom end - bored/honed the the cylinders, installed pistons, rods, crank, bearings, etc). They also disassembled and rebuilt my heads with new seals, 5-angle valve job, pressure checks, etc. They even balanced my crank for me (they measured it without me even asking and found it was way out of balance, so they are very thorough!).

Drew (shop manager) handled my needs perfectly, and when I did the final assembly there were absolutely no issues (they also did the work very quickly). The engine fired up first time after I installed it, and has been going strong ever since. Did a full day at Laguna pushing it pretty hard, and it performed perfectly. Mine is supercharged so pushing 600HP at the crank (510HP at the wheels), and I went with CP Carillo rods, CP Carillo coated pistons, stock crank, BE bearings, VAC coated mains, and more. They sealed the bedplate for me too, with zero leaks.

I would highly recommend them for engine building. I haven't had the chance to use them for anything else, but if their care and precision in engine building is anything to go by, then their other shop services should be equally impressive.

Robert @ BE Bearings also helped me immensely with the build, and he was the one that actually arranged for Carbahn to work on my build, so many thanks (and my recommendation) to him too.

Thanks!

S.
Appreciate 2