Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwdrtoastman View Post
^ the DV is on the turbo so it can't be replaced, unles your willing to pay a shit ton of money.
Another thing am I to assume this is basically the intercooler pipe that runs from the cold side of the intercooer to the TB?
And if this is a IC pipe, has anybody made one from the turbo the the hot side of the ntercooler?
Yes it is the pipe that runs from the IC to the TB. Ive never really read anywhere of a real need for a new pipe leading from the turbos to the IC, although perhaps thats mainly cuz noone sells one

I know diff IC's have different connections, like the HPF uses the stock "click" connections for no leakage, others like ER's replace the stock connections completely and put aluminum piping in. Not sure whats the pro's n cons bout each setup, Ive always just liked the HPF the most cuz its the largest core with smooth ends, structurally sounds and anchored and it snaps right into the stop piping. I think the argument from ER on their IC is that the stock piping, specially from the turbo's to the IC is sorta ribbed which supposedly causes turbulence and slows air or something, not sure. Would be nice is someone who really knew their shit with our IC setup would explain the pros n cons of one or the other
Appreciate 0