View Single Post
      03-09-2019, 07:42 AM   #14
NYCBMWFAN
Private
Rep
Drives: 2013 335Xi Coupe; 2016 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportstick View Post
Public service/good samaritan comment: Don't do it.

In 2016, my wife fell for the "pretty face" and we dropped $60k-something on a new A6 3.0T Prestige. In the two years we put up with it before dumping, the electronics were erratic, the transmission could not execute smooth upshifts in city driving (per dealer: several other complaints - no fix), and then the rotors warped before 15k miles. The prized "in-cabin" experience included a radio which turned its own volume on/off, ATC settings which changed without us changing them, backup features which did not function per the menu, and "comfort access" exterior door handles which sometimes did/didn't work just to get inside! AoA denied rotor warranty, blamed "wear and tear" and the tech was told how to complete the repair order to support their position despite actually telling me he found the rotors were pristine and looked almost unused, other than being quite warped, resulting in the pedal pulsation, otherwise known as a "DEFECT"! Between poor quality and low integrity, I cannot imagine ever sending VW/Audi another nickel for anything. Caveat emptor!

Final insult...the selling Audi dealer gave us a lowball offer as a used car. We got over a grand more at a nearby dealer of a Japanese brand for his used car lot.

No need to evaluate Audi on misguided basis of it being a dressed up VW... it failed on its own merits.
I lease a 2016 S6 and have loved every minute of it. Audi's in general lease horribly but I had a connection w the GM so didn't get gauged like I thought I would. What you get w Audi as stated already here is a great interior finish and less harsh ride yet not as nimble as BMW. Sadly I hate the new interiors of the 6 so am going to a 550 when the lease is up. I'm more traditional when it comes to Tech so all the touch screens are killing me. The 340 looks great though - I don't care for the A4.

This post were just random thoughts sorry. Ha.
Appreciate 0