03-30-2024, 09:04 AM   #6
gioM5-Comp
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW M5 Competition

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeoman View Post
I just got a 2019 M5 Comp with 21K miles for $68K.. great condition and uses dials (which I prefer) for displaying the speed/tach, which was changed in 2020. Given it's 5 years old, depreciation should be limited however I didn't buy this car as an investment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by M5_1of400 View Post
Am I crazy to think that the F90s could potentially retain its value when the G90 comes out and people realize the whole hybrid platform is a sham?

The F90 is the last V8 ICE ... I would like to think our cars will become highly sought after as time passes and the only options coming out the factories is the hybrid / electric crap.
With the way a lot of the new cars are heading, with muted sound, elimination of gear shifters, hybrid iterations ( all my very own personal dislikes I will add ), I just thought to myself… if I don’t take the plunge now, it’ll be too late further down the road. For the reasons I’ve stated above, that’s what led me to buy a 2019 M5 Competition towards the end of February. I too preferred the analogue style digital cluster and another deciding factor for buying a 2019 model was the sound of it. The sound of this car in sports plus mode is absolutely thunderous and that start up sound will never get old. It’s just so satisfying chaps.

With regards the F90 retaining its value, you never know. Stranger things have happened. I though, have bought this car for its pure driving pleasure. It puts a smile on my face every time I drive it
Appreciate 1
DavidXJ664.50