02-03-2020, 08:24 AM   #144
AK M5
A Knight
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaia04 View Post
Base on the data you produced, what's OP's opinion about the tune? Would you recommend it for the price and output it gave you? Do you think you are missing anything(bolt ons) to produce better numbers?
Great question.

Here's a big update.

I contacted the performance tuning company in Boston that did the tune. I sent them all the dragy screenshots and times.

They said it is pretty obvious the car is reverting to stock performance as a safety because something is erroring out or something is wrong mechanically that is causing it to error & revert.

They want the car back in the shop to check all the error codes and dig deep. They said there are known rare issues with the early model M5 F90 Transmissions and that they are swapping some out with the new M8 transmission because it is much more bulletproof.

I am very encouraged that they contacted me instantly first thing in the morning after I sent an email over the weekend.

I'm going to hand them the car because they really want to make good on this and see it through. NO CHARGE of course. Stay tuned! More to come later. I'm very encouraged. THIS IS WHY I GOT THIS TUNE: Safety & warranty.

Now let's see if we can solve it and get real performance.

Appreciate 0