11-29-2018, 02:37 PM   #24
Stav
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: F90 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomcgee View Post
- I'll have these on tomorrow, and I normally dont see much snow and if I do the roads are cleared very fast. I mainly got these for cold weather performance.

For winter tires you'll never notice the difference between a W and a V rated snow tire, unless you plan on overheating them by driving 150+ for long distances. Worrying the compound wont be up to your performance standards because its a lower speed rating is highly unlikely. I run RE-71R on our dedicated track car, they are pretty much the fastest non R compound tire you can run (rules require us use certain tires). They are V rated and mop the floor with W rated tires all day long. So unless you're Randy Pobst trying to squeeze out very last tenth I'm sure you'll be totally fine.

I'd order a set before they sell out, $155 is an amazing deal. - and if you hate them after a season sell them and I doubt you'll lose much at all.
You convinced me - I just placed an order for them to be shipped directly to my local dealer for installation Hopefully they will install them even if they don't match the OEM. Will see how it goes!
Appreciate 1
Miko M6661.50