12-03-2020, 11:12 AM   #12
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salottox5m View Post
Here's what he's saying

He wants to assume a car where someone put large deposit down to get payments lower - & he ll assume as is

Or he's looking for someone to offer a large incentive to assume the lease

Years ago I assumed a lease on a bmw 750 for $804/month ( probably back in 2012/2013)
That lease normally at that time was $1200 ( I know bc a buddy had exact same car)
For car I assumed the gentleman put down $16,000 to have a cheaper lease of $805/month & wanted no money out of pocket to assume his lease — he actually paid me $1500 to assume — at the time it was a killer deal

2 sites I know of to look to assume a lease:

-Leasetrader
-Swapalease

Best of luck
yes this is correct. i have had several folks who have offered just this. respectfully, alot of folks on this thread are wrong, unless you think that you have equity in a m5 10-15 months into a lease. in some situations where the cars hold value incredibly well and the owner/ Leasee has equity in the car then i would be wrong... most ppl and cars are upside down a year after the lease so they have to offer some incentive to get somebody to take the car... otherwise you are right, the person assuming the lease would just go to a dealer.
Appreciate 0