View Single Post
      10-22-2020, 10:13 AM   #6
hockey21
Captain
Rep
Drives: 16SSM3.Prev ymbM,e46m3,e39 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrHeLpErZx View Post
So far its very clear you still don't understand how leases work. The payment is set.

With the great residuals people have gotten from BMW on this model, you either will find one with high payments that will equal market value with residual + remaining payments or you can find one with an inflated residual value that will never equal market value, but will offer lower payments for the same car.

If you care only because you plan to buy the car out after the lease, than you should look for one with the lowest residual value or just buy one outright.

And so far I have yet to see anyone offer cash to take over their lease on an F90 M5.

thank you, i understand how leases work, perhaps i did not outline my point enough, i am really not looking to get into an argument, just to find a lease to take over. i have done two M3 leases and the scenario was just like you mentioned- it it worked out great for me... in one case the market value was higher than the payoff, so i made money by selling , then so be it- and if that is the case on M5's, great for the owners- however most leases the sellers have to pay to take over the lease.

my perspective if somebody puts zero down on a 125k dollar car, and payments are flat the entire 36 months ( maybe 1900-2200), drives it for 15k-20k miles, there should be some incentive for somebody to take over the lease ... if they put 5-10k down initially, then that is the incentive right there.
Appreciate 0