Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockey21 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by platinum903 View Post
No BMW lease in the history of ever has been structured in a way that the payment lessens over time.

i did not say that but i appreciate you jumping on my case without understanding my point! as a used car depreciates more the first year, a person looking to transfer the lease should be prepared to offer an incentive in the last year- one would assume the value of driving a car the first year of the lease is worth more than the last year.... the residual + remaining payments should equal market value of the car. so if somebody put 0 down and negotiated a bad deal at 1900 a month, they should not assume somebody wants to take over that car for the last 20 months at 1900 per month if the residual + the remaining payments dont equal the fair market value
So far its very clear you still don't understand how leases work. The payment is set.

With the great residuals people have gotten from BMW on this model, you either will find one with high payments that will equal market value with residual + remaining payments or you can find one with an inflated residual value that will never equal market value, but will offer lower payments for the same car.

If you care only because you plan to buy the car out after the lease, than you should look for one with the lowest residual value or just buy one outright.

And so far I have yet to see anyone offer cash to take over their lease on an F90 M5.
Appreciate 0