View Single Post
      09-15-2006, 03:13 AM   #1
Snake Pliskin
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 330i M Sport Saloon

Smile First 330i M Sport Victory vs RX8

Had a Mazda RX8 pull up along side me at the lights last night, facing a 1/2 mile stretch of dual carriageway .. fairly late and roads were quiet, so could not resist letting the lady stretch her legs and see how she performs.

Engine was thoroghly warmed up and did not max her out to 7,000 rpm but kept just below 6,000 and the Mazda was still left behind.

Felt good to know I still have a car which can deliver the goods away from the lights

A "sensible" pursuit ensued for a few miles over some B roads and the Bimmer proved very capable through the corners. I was not pushing too hard as still getting to know the cars handling etc.

Felt extremely solid and stable through the twisty bits and was able to pull away very nicely and increase a lead on the straights

I am sure the RX8 driver would have been totally perhaps having thought he could burn off a 3 series Bimmer saloon

I'm not in the habbit of racing on the roads, but there's nothing wrong with a bit of healthy accelleration away from the lights
Appreciate 0