Thread: GTR to F90
View Single Post
      01-07-2020, 05:43 AM   #6
///WeissBisBlau
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: ‘21 M5C

Currently have a 2015 GTR, and am looking hard at going to an F90 M5C. Have test driven the M5C, and my impression is that it does possess GTR-level speed (at least stock for stock, and I am not much for tuning and mods). The GTR feels much larger inside than the more “cockpit” type feel of the M5C, but honestly to me feels like you might as well be driving an SUV or truck. It just doesn’t feel very driver-focused, to me, as opposed to the M5C. After that, the tech—at least in the 2015 (i know they did a refresh in 2017, but I haven’t seen one)—is abyssmal. The screen resolution is good enough, but the backup cam is of such low quality it is basically useless. The navigation system is seriously from like a circa-2000 PDA (remember those things?!). Then you’ve got the engine/exhaust sound in the GTR, which is...well, not very good. I’ve tried to love it, but I just can’t. At full boil, it sounds like an angry vacuum cleaner! Looking SO much more forward to the sounds the M5C makes, at least from what I have heard. The GTR handles decently well, but there is also a LOT of road noise, including a very loud roar from my still-stock run flats. Granted, I could change these, but I just can’t immediately ditch a still perfectly useful set of tires. Finally, there is the attention the GTR gets. I do not relish getting attention, so I do not enjoy this facet of driving it. Granted, it is possible I will still get attention as I intend to order an MBB M5C, but I feel like it will still fly under the radar more than my red GTR! Hope this helps anyone looking at the two.

Last edited by ///WeissBisBlau; 01-07-2020 at 09:47 AM.. Reason: Added more detail
Appreciate 0