04-12-2019, 09:46 AM   #52
vtknight
Major
Rep
Drives: 2019 F90 M5 Competition

Quote:
Originally Posted by onfireX5 View Post
I found another piece of the puzzle.

On all of the +1000hp turbo cars that I have tuned with BS3, Haltech,EfiLive,HPT, etc the tuning platform is constant. VE vs RPM vs Timing vs Boost vs AFR vs Safety vs Cylinder Pressure vs Octane vs IAT. Populate the tables and horsepower/torque is locked down vs boost and DA.

Porsche (and some others like BMW with less sophistication) is not following that protocol. Porsche is applying Torque Modeling vs Mass AirFlow modeling. Very sophisticated matrix style predictive tuning.

Bottom line is Instead if locking down the Boost Psi, as all the other methods do, Porsche targets the same power at sea level vs my 3500ft DA by varying the boost based on the DME calculating Real Time DA. One magazine tested the theory and dyno’d A TTS at high elevation vs Sea Level. They could not use any correction factors and it was +- 10 HP on multiple dyno’s.

No models are perfect, so my car at sea level will be quicker and faster, but probably not by large margins.

Even if it matches my 10.51 at 131 with a 1.60 sixty at Brooks sea level track at PBIR, that’s 3 mph more than a 2018 just ran there. There is more power in the ‘19’s.
As always - thank-you for the data.

Another reason I will not mod this car is the torque modelling. The C7Z has that as well - and it is a pain (at least from what I saw).
That said - what I am happy about is that these cars seem to be quicker and faster. 3 MPH is exactly the difference I assumed you would run (128).

Pretty cool stuff!
Appreciate 0